East Kootenay Addiction Services
East Kootenay Addiction Services Society provides free and confidential counselling to youth, adults, couples and families dealing with difficulties from their own or someone else’s substance use. In addition, we provide referrals to approved residential treatment and detox facilities, school-based educational programs, community education, outreach, harm reduction programs and our youth Teen Empowerment and Mastery Program (TEAM). Contact Kelsey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our clinics provide sexual and reproductive health services for all ages, all genders, and all orientations. Our clinicians are committed to providing you with confidential, nonjudgmental, youth-friendly, pro-choice, and sex-positive services.
Fernie Women’s Resource Centre
Since 1979 the Fernie Women’s Centre has been serving the communities of the Elk Valley, which include Fernie, Sparwood, Elkford and the South Country. Our aim is to raise the status of women, act as a referral and drop-in centre, offer support to women and their families, and to inform and educate the public around issues concerning women.
Stopping the Violence (STV) Counselling – Free and confidential counselling for women identifying people who have experienced any sort of abuse at any time in their life.
Columbia Basin Family Resource Centre (CBFRS)
CBFRS provides free and confidential services to around 500 Elk Valley families per year using a strength based, client centred approach. Their goal is to help families recognize and focus on the things that are working in their relationships and help families solve problems on their own. We believe in each person’s ability, responsibility and right to be heard, to be safe, and to have information to make decisions about their own life.
- Family Services – family support, child and youth services, work an independent skills program (youth 16-18), supervised access.
- Support for people with Disabilities – Lifeskills Group, Community Living Support, Child and Youth with Special Needs one on one support.
- Family Counselling 1-250-430-1004 – Free counselling for individuals, couples or families as a whole who: are having family system issues, parent-child relational issues, blended family issues, communication problems or conflict resolution issues. For families that have children under 19 years old.
- Sexual Abuse Intervention Program (SAIP) 1-250-430-1133 – Free counselling for children and youth who have been sexually abused or who have sexual behavior problems
- The Fellaship is a safe and inclusive group for men to eat, connect, and support one another. Drop in on Mondays (excluding holidays) from 6-8pm at Our Place: 1592A 10th Ave, Fernie BC V0B1M0.
Elk Valley Safe Homes provides shelter, support, information, referrals, transportation, safety planning, outreach services and accompaniment to legal appointments. Services are for Elk Valley women with or without children experiencing physical, emotional, sexual and/or psychological abuse. Services are free, confidential and available 24hrs a day/365 days of the year.
Elk Valley RCMP Victim Services
Provides information about the justice system, practical help, and emotional support to victims of crime.
Ktunaxa Family Services
Services for aboriginal families in need of support.
Child & Youth Mental Health
Free counselling for children and youth with mental health issues and support for their families. Self or parental referral is appropriate.
Knox United Church
Minister Andrea Brennan
201 2nd Ave Fernie, BC
United Church of Canada clergy are able to officiate marriages at the church or anywhere in the Elk Valley without discrimination based on gender and sexual identity. Open to the Spirit, love and justice, united in our diversity we live our faith serving each other and the wider community.